10.05.2010

Weekend Getaway

 Hello friends!

Sorry I haven't written anything exciting in a few days. My hubby took me to southern Indiana for a birthday weekend getaway last weekend and since we got back, we've hit the ground running!

Here are some highlights from our weekend! Enjoy :)

We stayed at an Inn in New Albany. It's called the Admiral Bicknell Inn. I highly recommend it! We stayed in the cupola suite, a HUGE room with a cupola that looked out over the Ohio River.
Our room
Our bathroom


In the cupola
Front door

Back of the building
We left Saturday morning and got there around noon on Saturday. We spent the day walking around New Albany, eating at a Mexican restaurant for lunch, driving around Louisville, visiting Schimpff's Confectionary in Jeffersonville, taking a long nap, and going to dinner!
The confectionary had all these super cool crates
Hubby and me at the confectionary

More crates and bins
Crate
It was SO busy!
Ohio River
We almost ran out of gas driving around Louisville
 On Sunday, we slept in and had a lazy morning, then went to a pumpkin patch and apple orchard on our way home. It was the coolest one I've ever been to!


Apple orchard
Isn't he cute?
All the good apples were out of reach
Found one!
Apple cider :)
A flattened pumpkin!
It was super windy
Our GIANT pumpkins. 20 and 22 lbs.
Seriously, visit this place if you can!
 It was a great weekend with all my favorite things about fall. Pumpkin patches, apple orchards, apple cider, carmel apples, cool, sunny weather, wonderful time with my boy, leaves turning colors...

What are your favorite things about fall?
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a great getaway!! I love your room that you had, beautiful!! Those crates are amazing!! Gotta get me some more! :) I love apple picking and pumpkin getting!! You two are so cute!1

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I read all of the comments and try to reply to everyone. I love getting to know my readers! Have a blessed day.