8.23.2012

To Luke (1 year)

My baby turns 1 today. I don't know how it happened so fast. Everyone says that it flies by, but you just don't realize it until you have your own kids. I'm feeling sentimental, so I wanted to write a post for him from his mommy on his first birthday.

To Luke on your first birthday,
 I feel so blessed that God chose me to be your mother. You bring such joy to my life. I love the way you giggle, how you are constantly smiling and happy, how you make others smile (especially as we're walking through the grocery store), how you look JUST like a miniature of your daddy, how fast you learn things, how active you are, the many different faces you make (including raising your eyebrows when things interest you), your love of books and music, the way you look up at me with your big blue eyes, how you know what sound a truck makes, but not what sounds animals make, how you love your daddy and squeal and say "dada" when you see him walking out of the garage, how much you love food (and how fast you shove it in your mouth), how you have no fear of anything, how you love to be chased and always run to your big bear as if he can save you, the way you nod your head and say "yeah" when you want something, and how you shake your head no when I tell you "no." I love sooo many more things about you than just this short list.

I want you to know how loved you are by all your family, too. All your grandparents, your aunts and your uncle adore you and spoil you (although they say they're allowed). I don't think you will ever feel unloved. We have so many friends who love you, too. A whole church-ful. Everyone thinks you are the cutest and sweetest little boy ever, and I happen to agree.

I can't imagine my life without you now that I've had you for one short year. I love the personality you are developing and am so glad I get to be your mother for so many more years.

Love you baby,
Mommy

Here are a few pictures of Luke when he was born and from his first birthday party. Enjoy!





















Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Katie,
    I just have one thing to say, You have been chosen to be Luke's Mommy and of course we will include you too Caleb as his Daddy. God has given you a precious gift and the both of you are taking your responsibilities with excellence. Luke is blessed to have you two as parents. Keep up the good job!! I love you!! Jane :):)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I read all of the comments and try to reply to everyone. I love getting to know my readers! Have a blessed day.