9.02.2012

cakes in a mug

So, I don't know if you've seen the new craze going around of individual cakes or cookies in a mug, but I have to admit, it's one of my new favorite things! I've tried 3 different ones this week. It's not as bad as it sounds to make 3 single-serving desserts in a week, is it? Well, regardless, they were all delicious and I wanted to share what I've made!

#1 A Cup of Coffee Cake thanks to Prudent Baby. You will have to check out their site for more pictures because I was in such a hurry to wolf it down I didn't take one. (This picture and the one for the chocolate chip cookie that comes next are from their respective websites!)

Photo via Prudent Baby
Cake:
1 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. sugar
Egg
2 Tbsp. sour cream (or yogurt)
Vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon

Crumb topping:
1 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon


Get a mug. Add 1 Tbsp. of butter. Soften it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds (don't melt, just soften). Stir in 2 Tbsp. of sugar until it's fluffy and creamy (30 sec). Add some egg (a whole egg is more cake-y and no egg is more crumbly, so play with how much you want to add). Stir in 2 Tbsp. sour cream (or yogurt) and add a few drops of vanilla. Stir in 1/4 cup of flour and 1/8 tsp. baking powder and 1 tsp. cinnamon. 

In a separate bowl, add 1 Tbsp. butter, 2 Tbsp. flour, 1 Tbsp. of brown sugar and 1 tsp. of cinnamon. Smoosh together with your fingers for a few. 

Add crumb topping to the cup.

Microwave for 1 minute, then do 10 seconds more until it's done to your liking (I did 1 min. 40 seconds and it was too long). Let it cool (it's REALLY hot when you get it out!)



#2 Single Serving Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie thanks to My Happy Place

Photo via My Happy Place
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. white sugar
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt
1/4 C. flour
2 Tbsp. chocolate chips

In a mug or small bowl, mix together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg yolk. Add the flour and salt. Mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips. Microwave for 40-60 seconds or until the cookie looks done. (I cooked mine for 60 and it was perfect!)

My chocolate cake

#3 Gooey Chocolate Mug Cake thanks to The Family Kitchen

1 egg
1/4 C. powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder (depending on how chocolatey you want your cake.. I used almost 2 full Tbsp.)

In a mug, mix all the ingredients until well mixed. Microwave for 50-60 seconds, until the cake is cooked through, but not over cooked. Top immediately with chocolate chips (and I added Hershey's syrup!). Scrumptious!!!


These cakes in a cup might be my new favorite thing. And they were all delicious!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I read all of the comments and try to reply to everyone. I love getting to know my readers! Have a blessed day.