4.27.2011

Nursery Progress

Well, it has certainly been awhile since I've written! Not that I don't have things to write about, I just don't have time to write them! So.. I am going to give you a brief update on the nursery progress.. it will be mostly pictures.

First of all, we found out we're having a boy! YAY! His name is going to be Luke Andrew and here he is at 20 weeks.

And onto the nursery..

Here are some before and after shots.
Before... ugly orange carpet, light blue painted walls and a half made bed.

After paint and board and batten, before carpet.

After! New, neutral carpet, board and batten and navy blue walls for our pirate theme.

Window before with some curtains from college.

After board and batten and paint, before carpet and drapes (which aren't done yet..).

Closet before... the total width of the door opening was 30" max.

So, we made it bigger! Now it is a 60" opening and you can actually get to the corners.

After!! SO much nicer.
Some more after shots that didn't have before shots to go with them.
Looking into the room from the loft.





So there you have it! I think it looks a million times better than it did before! I won't be scared to put my baby on the floor (like I would have if it was that shag carpet!), the board and batten adds some character to the room and the navy color pops off the white trim. Now, to get furniture to fill it with :)

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love the room. And NICE NICE NICE on teh closet door opening. Happy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great looking room! I like the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your impending arrival!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I read all of the comments and try to reply to everyone. I love getting to know my readers! Have a blessed day.