10.31.2012

Monthly Menu Plan: November

I've been doing a monthly menu plan for the last several months and I love it. It saves us money, time, and energy because I already know what we're making for the night. I don't know about you, but when I wasn't menu planning, around 4:00 in the afternoon I would think, shoot, what are we having for dinner tonight? By menu planning, I don't have to worry about it.

Here's how I do it. I bought a white board calendar from walmart (like this one) and put magnets on the back so it sticks to our fridge. Every month, I write in what we're having to eat and leave some days open for left overs (L.O. on the calendar). There's a spot at the bottom for notes where I write what ingredients I need to buy from the store.

I know a lot of people plan weekly so they can look at ads and match their meals to the ads, but I find this to be more time consuming than what I want to spend on it. Monthly plans work well for my family. Do what works for yours!

Here's a picture of my November menu (Tuesdays are blank because we are involved in a program that serves us dinner.)

My menu includes:
Tacos
Crockpot BBQ Chicken and Halved Potatoes
Meatloaf
Pork Chops and Rice
Cornflake Chicken
Beef Stew and Cornbread
Enchiladas
Chicken Tetrazini
Calzones
Potato Soup
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Chicken Fried Rice
*French Dip Crescent Rolls
Chili
Sloppy Joes
*Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Chicken Spaghetti

I always try to do 1-2 new recipes every month. The ones for this month have a * next to them. If you would like recipes for the ones that don't have a link, let me know and I will be glad to post them!
Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I read all of the comments and try to reply to everyone. I love getting to know my readers! Have a blessed day.