8.06.2013

Parmesan Ranch Chicken

So I've been looking for new recipes to put on my Monthly Menu plan. I tried one tonight and it was a big hit with my husband (and I loved it too)! So I thought I would share it with you.

It's SUPER easy to make and has a really easy clean-up. It's called Parmesan Ranch Chicken and you grill it in a foil packet. I got the recipe from good ol' Betty Crocker. You can see the original recipe here.


Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts filleted (to make 4 chicken breasts...they cook faster this way)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup water
4 quartered red potatoes (I actually chopped them up more than quarters so they would cook faster)
1 cup baby carrots, cut in half length-wise
1/2 package frozen green beans
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cut 4 (18x12 inch) sheets of foil; spray with cooking spray. Place each piece of chicken on foil sheets. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing over each breast. Mix the rest of the ranch dressing with the water in a large bowl. Stir in the potatoes, carrots and green beans. Divide the vegetables among the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.


Fold the 2 long sides of the foil together; fold them again to make a tight seal. Fold in the other 2 sides to make a packet. Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cook 10 minutes; rotate packets 1/2 turn. Cook 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and the chicken juice is clear when cut into.


Eat and enjoy!


Another quick note about this dish: it's pretty darn cheap to make! Here is what I paid:
$4.00 chicken breasts ($10/ 5 full size chicken breasts)
$0.50 green beans ($1 for full bag of frozen green beans)
$0.75 carrots ($2.99 for full bag of baby carrots-- used about 1/4 bag)
$0.55 potatoes ($4.99 for 3 pound bag-- used about 1/3 lb. estimated)

For a grand total of $5.80 for 4 meals or $1.45 per meal!

Photobucket
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this sounds really good. Thanks for the recipe. Thanks also for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I read all of the comments and try to reply to everyone. I love getting to know my readers! Have a blessed day.