8.23.2015

To Luke (4 years)

So far, every year on my kids' birthdays, I've written them a letter about the year. I love doing this so I can remember all the fun stuff we did and the things they learned how to do. Maybe someday they will want to read their letters.

To Luke, on your fourth birthday,
I cannot believe you are 4 years old! (I think I probably say this in  every letter.) You will be starting preschool in a few weeks, which is unbelievable to me.

Here are some of the things that have happened this last year. You learned to ride your bike. Without training wheels. And you rock at it. We get so many comments and stares as you ride around town because you are so far ahead for your age! Your first real crush happened this year. Her name is Meredith and she's married to one of the pastor interns at church. We all love her, but she is definitely your favorite person right now! Your favorite things to watch and play with are superheroes and transformers. You love to chew bubble gum and it's your favorite "snack." You are mommy and daddy's big helper. You love when we ask you to help us do something, like carry the diaper bag or help daddy wash the cars. You still loooooove music, in particular rock music. You would have a picnic everyday if I let you. We all love to have a picnic outside on the picnic table, but you like having them in the living room just as much.

You learned how to swim this year, with a life jacket on. By the end of summer, you were even running and jumping off the edge of the pool and going under! One time you were at the pool with a bunch of girls around your age and you yelled, "Hey girls, watch me!" before you jumped. It reminded me of the country song Chicks Dig It. Look it up.

You're starting to get into a good rhythm of being a big brother. You absolutely love to antagonize Sam and do things to make him mad on purpose, but you also love to give him a kiss when he gets in bed to go to sleep, you always forgive him when he does something mean to you, you are getting better at sharing and helping him learn the right way to play together. I love watching you two interact!

Something not so fun is your asthma. You're a champ and do breathing treatment like a pro now, but we've had problems with your asthma flaring up in the fall and spring, due to allergies. Last fall, you even went to the hospital overnight. Just about scared mommy to death. The other not fun thing is figuring out why you were having problems going to the bathroom. We switched you from regular milk to almond milk and that has helped tremendously.

Your imagination is full force, from the minute you wake up to the minute you fall asleep. You bring so much joy and laughter to our lives. Such a goofball! You are the smartest kid I know and I am so proud of you! I can't wait to see what this next year brings.

Love,
Mommy






















Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I read all of the comments and try to reply to everyone. I love getting to know my readers! Have a blessed day.