Outlets and light switches:
- Outlets are typically placed 12"-18" off the floor.
- Light switches are typically placed 48" off the floor (to the center of the switch).
Dining room standards:
- Chairs are typically 18"-19" wide.
- Behind table and chairs you need about 2 feet for people to be able to walk (with the chair pulled out).
- To pull out your chair, you need about 2 feet as well, totaling at least 3 feet to 4 feet of space between the wall and the table.
- A 48" round table will seat 6 people.
- Counters are typically 36" tall.
- Islands are typically 38" tall.
- Kitchens should have a work triangle between the sink, stove, and refrigerator. Any 2 appliances should be no less than 3 feet apart and no more than 7 feet apart. Total sides of the triangle should measure no less than 12 feet.
Mantel and pictures:
- Mantels should be at least 6" above the opening of the fireplace.
- Pictures should be hung at 57" on center (meaning the center of the picture is at 57").
- Twin 39"x75"
- Full 54"x 75"
- Queen 60"x80"
- King 76"x80"
I hope these standards will be helpful for you! Are there any others that you would like to know about?