9.28.2012

Blog Feature Friday: Meridian Road

Hey all! Welcome to the first ever Blog Feature Friday. I'm excited to introduce you to Suzanne from Meridian Road, who was my first "blog friend." She is a former art major who loves to repurpose things she has now. You can head on over to her blog to learn more about who she is and what she loves. 

Suzanne is sharing one of her blog posts with us today about how she repurposed some Spice Jars for a knock-off Anthropologie look.


Spice jars


A few months ago, Anthropologie had these on clearance. 
       
Cute, huh? I thought so. I ordered some, but I came to the party a little late. All they had left was a 5, an 8 and a 9. But I thought "What the heck, that's three. I can decorate with three." Except that when they actually arrived, all I had was an 8 and a 9. Two? Really? What do you do with two? Plus, they weren't as white as I was expecting them to be. More like a cream color. And the numbers weren't black, but dark blue. I was bummed. I hate it when I don't get what I want. And an odd number of spice jars is a small thing to want, right? Then I remembered I had some of these.
                      
Apparently, they're collectible. Whatever. I've had them for awhile, and I was tired of them. They may be ideal for storage at Home (not mine)  or on Safari (who has the time to go?) I'd rather just re-do them.  Enter.....

              (drum roll please)
                       
                 The Cricut. 
                      
My very versatile new toy. I found a font I liked and cut out some numbers using sticky shelf paper. Then, I removed the lids from my jars, and spray painted one side black. When the black paint was dry, I applied the shelf paper, being careful to center the numbers. Then I gave the whole thing a good coat of low gloss white spray paint. Once that was dry, I peeled off the shelf paper. There were some spots that hadn't stuck too well, so the white paint bled a little. I just used a sharpie to, well, sharpen the edges of the numbers. Here they are. 


             And you know what? 
I like them better than the Anthropologie jars I was covetingmildly interested in. 

   I think they're a pretty good fake. 

           Thanks for reading!
Suzanne

Don't forget to drop by Meridian Road and see what other projects she's been working on!
**Please let me know if you would like to be featured! 
Photobucket
Pin It!

2 comments:

Please leave me a comment. I read all of the comments and try to reply to everyone. I love getting to know my readers! Have a blessed day.